Construction of a new Intensive Care Unit and refurbishment of the existing Critical Care Unit to a new Short Stay Unit at Angliss Hospital.
The new ICU will enable the Angliss Hospital to provide the latest technology to treat heart attacks, strokes, severe infections, organ failure and complications resulting from surgery.
The $14 million Lump Sum project includes:
Construction of a new Critical Care and Executive Admin Office on level 4 of the existing South Block to deliver:
- 14 critical care beds
- A new executive admin office suite
- Construction of new lift shaft incorporating two new lifts and link way into the existing courtyard to service the new critical care and executive admin on Level 4
- New infrastructure including new main switchboard located adjacent to existing generator on level one and new wet fire pump house adjacent to existing car park
Refurbishment of the existing level 2 south block into a Short Stay Unit (Adult and Paediatric beds) to deliver:
- Two Mental Health beds
- Eight paediatric beds (4 short stay and 4 emergency)
- 16 adult acute short stay beds
- Decanting and enabling works
This project is set to reach Practical Completion in the third quarter of 2018.